How to Manage Other Settings in Blogger
There still have more options in Blogger Other Settings will give you the opportunities to —
- Import & back up Content
- Delete / Undelete your Blog
- Set your blog Site feed
- Allow your OpenID URL
- Control Adult Content
- Add Google Analytics Web Property ID
Go to Blogger Other Settings
- Sign in to Blogger with your Google Email and Password.
- Click the Down arrow in the top left, then choose your blog.
- In the left menu, click Settings > Other.
Site Feed Settings
Allow Blog Feed
Feeds are very important to be enabled for your blog to run everything smoothly. Some Blogger widgets like – Featured post, Recent Post, Related posts, etc. will not work until you allow your blog feed. Even your blog content can be exhibited on other websites by using this site feed.
Select how much of your content to show —
- Full — Shows entire content of each post in your site feed.
- Short — Shows an excerpt, approximately the first 400 characters.
- Until Jump Break — Shows content before you use jump break.
- None — Turns site feed off entirely and content will not be indexed by Google Blog Search.
- Custom — Set advanced options for blog posts, comment feed and per-post comment feed.
See How it Works
To see how the site feed works, open the link below in your Browser new tab. Change “blogname” to your blog address.
Select the options above one-by-one, then reload your Browser tab. Hope you will notice the changes.
Post Feed Redirect URL
To redirect your blog feed to FeedBurner or other services, enter the full feed URL in the field. Blogger will redirect all post feed traffic to this address. Leave this blank for no redirection.
Post Feed Footer
You can add a message, ads, social buttons and more that will appear at the end of each post in your blog feed. To use this option, Blog Posts Feed must be set to Full.
Enable Title Links & Enclosure Links
If you select “Yes”, Title Links and Enclosure Links will be enabled for your posts. Go to Post Editor and click Links to see them.
- Title Link — You can link your Post title to a specific URL. I recommend you to use this option only when you will require. I have a blog where this option is being used, but only to create backlinks for my another website.
- Enclosure Links — Enclosure links are used to make podcasts, media files (audio, video etc.) in your posts playable in feeds like RSS and Atom. MIME types for most common file extensions are auto-detected by Blogger.
Your current site URL is your OpenID URL. You can use it to sign into other OpenID enabled sites and they might appear here.
Adult Content Setting
If your site contains sexual contents, biological topics or such thing, then you should select “Yes”. If Yes is selected, viewers of your blog will see a warning message and will be asked to confirm that they want to proceed to your blog.
Add Google Analytics
You must want to see how visitors interact with your site such as — where they come from, how many visitors per day, how many pages are viewed per day, etc.
To see their interaction, add your Google Analytics Web Property ID to your blog. If you’ve not added your site in Google Analytics yet then do this right now.
Add a new Website in Google Analytics
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Select the Admin tab.
- Select an account from the drop-down menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select Create new property from the drop-down menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Fill in your website details and click Get Tracking ID button.
Add Analytics Web Property ID to your Blog
- Click Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
- Copy and paste the code into your Analytics Web Property ID field.
- Click Save settings in the top right.